JCMA Women’s Event – Sunday 15 March 2015 – ‘Understanding Head Coverings: a Jewish, Christian, Muslim perspective’
This women’s only forum provides a unique opportunity to understand and appreciate the significance of the head covering in each of the three Abrahamic faiths. Hear from speakers discussing its religious and historical origins, how it is viewed in the modern era and what it means for them today. This offers an exciting and stimulating opportunity for women to share experiences and perspectives in conversations about faith.
- Chaya New (Mother of eight. Retired teacher from Beth Rivkah Ladies College),
- Mary Coloe (Biblical scholar and Sister from the Presentation Order),
- Catriona Devlin (Coordinator at Kildara Spirituality Centre & Sister of the Brigidine Order),
- Sherene Hassan (Director of the Islamic Museum of Australia)
MODERATOR:Rufiath Yousuff (Vice-Chair of Benevolence Australia & Board Member of JCMA)
- Topic: ‘Understanding Head Coverings: a Jewish, Christian, Muslim perspective’
- Date: Sunday 15 March 2015
- Time: 1pm to 4pm
- Location: Benevolence House, Reischiecks Reserve, 125 George Street, Doncaster East, 3108
- Cost: $10
A light lunch will be served at 1pm, followed by speaker presentations with Q&A and group discussions.
RSVP: womenconference@JCMA.org.au for catering purposes or call (03) 9287 5590.