Professional Learning Programs
JCMA provides a range of thought provoking and interactive workshops and professional learning modules to assist teachers and staff gain a better understanding of cultural diversity in the school community.
The workshop can be customised for all school communities as we recognise that each school is unique and the workshops can be designed to address specific needs and desired outcomes. CMA has the expertise in how to facilitate meaningful intercultural and interfaith conversation and students gain more empathy and understanding of different cultures. Some of the benefits include:
- Introduces teachers to critical pedagogical principles of intercultural education
- Prepares teachers in how to support students navigate our increasingly culturally complex worlds
- Effective teaching strategies allowing deeper student learning to take place
- An experience of and access to activities and class resources for embedding intercultural understanding in the curriculum
- Opportunity to reflect on how to apply best practice in the classroom
1. Intercultural Understanding Matters –
2. An Introduction To Islamaphobia and Anti-semitism
3. Interfaith Dialogue
4. Intercultural Understanding – Three presenters
5. Intercultural Understanding – Single Faith presentation
6. The Danger Of A Single Story
7. Engaging Parents & Families From Diverse Cultural Backgrounds.
A positive and productive partnership between school and parents is crucial to improving wellbeing and learning outcomes in students! Forming and nurturing these partnerships can often be challenging, especially when trying to engage with parents and families from diverse cultural and faith backgrounds.
Our teacher Professional Development (PD) examines this challenge, presenting insights and strategies that schools can use to improve their engagement with families from diverse backgrounds. We use case studies, research and our experience from working with schools across Australia.
This diversity and family engagement PD is a collaboration between the Jewish Christian Muslim Association (JCMA) in Victoria, Together for Humanity (TFH) and the Australian Council of State School Organisations (ACSSO). Download a flyer here: Engaging Parents & Families From Diverse Cultural Backgrounds.
For More Information
For more information contact Ginette on 0400 211 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Make a Booking
To book a Teacher Professional Learning workshop download a booking form by clicking here JCMA Staff PD Workshop Booking Form complete and email to email@example.com. When organising dates for a JCMA workshop please be aware that on some holy days and celebrations presenters may not be available due to religious observances.