2012 Women’s Conference –12 to 14 February,Amberley
For several years now, the first day of the conference, which is always a Sunday, is a youth day, developed around topics of interest to and contributions from young women, but it is also intended in general for women who are unable to come to the full conference because of work or other commitments.
The JCMA Women’s Conference offers an exciting and stimulating opportunity for women to share experiences and perspectives in the conversation of faith and hope towards the future of humanity. Women will have the opportunity to actively engage with one another and explore ways in which they can make a difference; this will be via informal small group and general discussion.
Sessions will be interactive and presented by members of each faith, topics will include:
- symbols of our faiths,
- an introduction to the three faiths,
- sacred Texts from the three faiths
- Evening sessions will focus on getting to know other participants through music and singing and other enjoyable activities.
Time within the conference is also set aside for meditation, reflection and Muslim prayer
The Program includes:
Women’s Stories, Reflections & Spirituality
- How women of faith respond to the challenges of human life
- How women of faith relate despite differing culture and religion
- Personal experiences that portray aspects of women’s faith and spirituality within their tradition, their place in each faith, about contemporary life and express hope in the future of humanity
- Groups, songs, dance, art and culture