The JCMA Schools Program is looking to recruit new presenters for the Primary and Secondary School Workshop Program in 2015.
The schools program aims to positively counter stereotypes and religious discrimination and eliminate misunderstanding. The workshops provide a forum to promote acceptance of diversity and difference and encourage harmony in our schools and wider community. People of Jewish, Christian or Muslim faith background who are confident public speakers, dynamic and articulate are advised of this unique opportunity to share experiences of their beliefs and practices with young people.
As a JCMA presenter you will need:
- Strong knowledge of your faith and willingness to share your story
- Capability to engage and connect with young audiences
- Knowledge to convincingly respond to questions and work collaboratively
- Confident presentation skills including role play (Primary Program is largely performance-based)
- these are paid casual positions
- presentations are usually conducted during school hours
- interviews for new presenters will be held afternoon of 30 April 2015.
Contact: Doug Sandiford (JCMA Schools Coordinator) for a copy of the position description and skills & experience requirements as a JCMA presenter by telephone 9287 5571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Schools Presenter Position Description.
To apply: Forward your CV by email, including a response to the skills & experience criteria, by 4.00pm, 23rd April, 2015.