Strategy Planning Workshops
JCMA Strategic Planning Days are usually held twice a year to inform the direction, purpose and ongoing sustainability of JCMA and its Membership. These days aim at strengthening and improving JCMA’s governance and organisational systems and structures, establishing a sustainable funding base for JCMA, strengthening existing partnerships and developing new partnerships and continuing the delivery, and extend the reach of, JCMA’s core activities.
Strategic Planning Days have generally followed the Open Enquiry model and are facilitated by a JCMA Board Member experienced in strategic direction and governance. Planning Days have been held at a Uniting Church hall in Elsternwick and at the Islamic Council of Victoria in West Melbourne. A specific focus for each Strategy Planning Day is decided ahead of time. On the day itself, participants then set the agenda topics within that theme.
2015 and ’16 were a huge success,and thanks to support from our JCMA members and peak bodies, we look forward to another great year.
Examples of themes covered in previous meetings:
- JCMA & Harm Prevention – Sunday, 22nd June 2014
- Engaging the Muslim Community – 10th November 2013
- Financial Sustainability: finance, fund raising & JCMA membership – 19th May 2013
- Profile expansion, Governance and Organisational Development, Financial Sustainability, Partnerships & Collaboration – 3rd June 2012
- Funding, JCMA, OMAC & the Future – 4th December 2011
- Developing a sustainable financial model for JCMA – 10th April 2011