Dear JCMA community,
The Annual General Meeting of the Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia Incorporated will take place at 7pm on Thursday 22 November 2012 in the Cathedral Room at the Cardinal Knox Centre, 383 Albert Street, East Melbourne. Please note: Parking will be available in the Cathedral Carpark, enter via Lansdowne Street. The Cathedral Room is accessed through the rear door of the Cardinal Knox Centre, from the car park.
All members and friends are invited to attend. Please note that only financial members are eligible to vote. If you have not yet renewed your membership, please do this before the day of the meeting. Membership renewal here
After the meeting there will be a light meal and the opportunity to catch up with one another.
In the absence of the President, Sheikh Riad Galil, and the secretary (myself), the meeting will be chaired by the current Vice President, Rabbi Shamir Caplan, and the Acting Secretary will be Archdeacon Philip Newman.
The business of the AGM will be to
(a) to confirm the minutes of the annual general meeting of 24th of November 2011 and of the Special General Meeting of the 16th of October 2012; and
(b) to receive from the Board reports upon the transactions of the Association during the last preceding financial year; and
(c) to elect officers and ordinary members of the Board of the Association; and
(d) to receive and consider the financial statement submitted by the Association in accordance with section 30(3) of the Act.
Elections will be held for the following positions
1) Vice President (Bishop Philip Huggins nominated)
2) Secretary (Ms Jo Silver nominated)
3) Treasurer (Mr Robert Zucker nominated)
4) One ordinary member of the Board of the Association (Dr Penelope Brook nominated)
As I will be leaving soon to go overseas, please RSVP to the Executive Officer, Helen Heath, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9650 3294. This is important for catering purposes. Nomination forms are also available from the executive officer.
Please find attached
1) the minutes of the last AGM,
2) the minutes and resolutions of the Special General Meeting
3) a flyer you may distribute to your friends and community inviting them to the AGM
4) information about how to pay your membership renewal (or new membership)